Tuesday, February 6

I wrote the word "fart" on a progress report

Yesterday was the coldest day in Philadelphia this year: 7 degrees, with a wind chill of negative 4. What did I do? Purchased an air conditioning unit for my room this spring. I got a great deal on the Maytag unit from Craigslist. Only used for a year, the couple using it is moving to Boston with central air, and it's in really good condition (plus it has an actual temperature gauge!). The guy asked for $50 for the unit and a brand new knife set. Since Seth and I needed one, he chipped in a few bucks for the knives, and I bought the knife set. Not too shabby!

Speaking of deals, here's a Coldstone coupon for free! It expires at the end of February.

Recently, I've really gotten into a website called StealDeals.Net. They have the web's best coupons posted each day throughout the day. The temptation is to spend unnecessary money to "save" so much. Fortunately, I think I have been able to hold myself back from

Tomorrow a bunch of students from my school are going to the opera Porgy and Bess. I get to go too! We had a grant pay for the buses, and the opera company is allowing us to come see the dress rehearsal for free. The kids have been staying after school a few days to listen to parts of the opera, read the story, and get familar with the story before the opera hits. I'll have to do the same thing! I've never seen a live opera before...the closest I've had was watching La Boheme for my First Year Seminar at Hope as a freshman. Should be a great experience!

So, I wrote on two students' progress reports that they had been making farting noises in my computer class. (yes, that means I used the word "fart" on a progress report). After reading that a few weeks ago, my principal--who's a nun, remember--came up to me today and asked me if they had improved their behavior. I said I haven't had a problem since progress reports. She was glad, but suggested that if I had any additional problems, that I should assign them a book report of this book. I laughed out loud (my class was in the room), but I laughed even harder when she told me that one of her close friends had given her that book for Christmas! That whole situation made my day. I love Sister Owen more every day.

Seth and I have recently made some major changes to our house furniture. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow! Let's just say that our house is looking more like a home. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that StealDeals.net was recently rebranded to DealStop.com. It is still the same ownership, just a new look and feel. I was hoping you could update your StealDeals.net links to reflect the new website: DealStop.com!
Thanks so much!
Dave.