Tuesday, May 29

Flat tire

I arrived safely in Philadelphia yesterday. Memorial Day morning is a great time to fly! Grand Rapids Airport (which, granted, isn't usually busy) was a breeze to go through...where else can you walk right up to the security check without waiting in line? I took a few subways home since most friends in Philly were at a cottage up north for the holiday. At home, I finished a few papers for my masters class and tidied up my room.

Sarah came in last night from Pittsburgh after visiting with her family for the extended weekend. It was SO GOOD to see her again! We celebrated our return by going out to Mixto restaurant. I had a buy one, get one free dinner, which we enjoyed immensely. We got to catch up with each other and swap stories/pictures from the weekend, as well as look to how the next few weeks are going to look with my school finishing and her crazy board test studying schedule! Why does absence make the heart grow fonder?

I stayed at her place as late as I could before heading home. Unfortunately, when I returned to my car, I had a flat tire! I didn't have a jack and forgot that you need to take off the hubcap before removing the lugnuts on the tire. Fortunately, AAA came to the rescue; they were at my parked car within a half hour. I'm riding on my spare today, so I'll have to get that changed after school this afternoon.

It's good to be back at school! My computer lab had evidence of me being gone for a week (I should start a collection of the things I find left in my room...), and the teachers and few kids I've seen already were wondering how I was doing. We only have three weeks left, and much to be done before then.

Gotta start my first class! This year's going to be over before I know it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog Eric. The blog is so helpful to read in allowing us to stay connected to your life more than we ever could without it. We enjoyed seeing around this past week and are thrilled you are doing better!!
Blessings to you son.