Saturday, May 19

Pomp and circumstance

What does that title actually mean, anyway??

Yep, I made it home safely from Philadelphia. Mom, dad, Maria, and I attended Calvin's BBQ and education convocation last night. Things went well--dad reconnected with friends from Chicago and his childhood, Maria ran into a few friends and picked up a nice "Calvin College Education Department" key chain, mom enjoyed the experience, and I ate plenty of free food. All parties were satisfied.

Back on the home front, my dad and I tested various bluetooth devices for my cell phone, with mixed success. I've become fairly frustrated with bluetooth, as I have yet to find the perfect combination of microphone, speaker, and charging battery elements. Maybe I'll find something today.

Jordan and I played a little guitar last night. I felt like I had to relearn several key chords! To my shame, I haven't been playing as much as I had hoped this year. When Peter, Brian, and Scott visited in January, they all recommended that I get a stand so my guitar isn't hiding in its case all the time. I didn't listen to their advice, and now I'm wishing I had done so. Perhaps I'll do a better job of picking it up this summer.

Today, my grandparents are driving up from Chicago to see Maria's graduation this afternoon. I last saw them in Florida, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

While we were at the Cubs/Phillies game on Mother's Day, a website called Philly2night.com came and took our picture! It's a good way to easily drive traffic to a website...hey, it worked for us!

No comments: