Thursday, May 24

Recovering

My knee is recovering. My doctor's appointment is scheduled for tomorrow morning, and I'm hoping for some good news. I've only worn the brace when I've left the house the past few days, and although the after pain reminds me things aren't as they should, it's leaps and bounds better than it was on Sunday. My sleep has been really good recently too, for which I'm very thankful.
With my extra time, I was able to fully apply to Spruce Hill Christian School in West Philadelphia. It was a pretty extensive application! I faxed the TEN PAGES to the school this afternoon, and it felt good to finish that beast. Here's hoping it's all worth it!

Last night I had the privilege of spending the evening with the growing Marlink family. Chris and Becky Marlink had me over for a delicious Greek pita dinner, the joy of which was only surpassed by their pleasant company. Becky is due to give birth to their first son in five weeks...she and Chris are going to make darling parents. Here's a picture of them:



I realized that I hadn't taken a picture of my knee brace, so here's one for you.
Note: the background are remainders of Maria's move back into our house from Calvin. It's hard to live in two places at the same time! Then when you want to move into one, the space disappears!


Tonight is "guy's night" before Tony and Christen's wedding (aka bachelor party). I'm excited to spend it with the Reese fellas. Weddings are really good for bringing people back together again. I'm wondering how we'll find excuses in a five to ten years when everyone's settled down somewhat.

No comments: