Friday, May 18

New job?

Yesterday I had an interview at Spruce Hill Christian School, an inner city K-8 school (recently merged with a 9-12 school, so technically it's now K-12) that has a 5th grade opening for the fall. The interview went very, very well, and I will be applying to the school and teaching a demo lesson. If offered the position, I would seriously consider taking it. I'll write more about my thoughts on the matter at a later date.

Right now, I need to pack! I'm flying home to Michigan in a few hours for Maria's graduation from Calvin! My flight leaves Philly this afternoon, and I'll be returning Sunday night. Next week I get to fly home again for Tony and Christen's wedding! The excitement doesn't quit.

Grace moment of the day: I ran to the post office to mail some Students Run registrations. My bill came to $2.30, but I only had two $1 bills on me since I had run the mile to the building. I said I would have to come back, but the post master was gracious and said not to worry about it, and he put in $.30 for me! Since when does that happen at the post office?!? Maybe the new rates have made them more generous...

No comments: