Monday, May 14

Your mom

...is one of the most influential people in your life! Well, according to a recent survey, 40% of college freshmen list their mother as being the most influential person in their life. Count me as one of them! My mom quit her job teaching English at Holland Christian High School in order to raise me at home. She and my dad went on to homeschool my two younger siblings and me through high school. That's quite the commitment! So, thanks mom. And happy Mother's Day. =)

Have you ever wondered how much your mom should get paid for all the work she does for you? Another study just tabulated how much her work is worth. (although I think most true moms would argue that their work is beyond worth). Let's just hope this information is never used in a marriage argument!

I got to go to two Cubs games this weekend! While the Cubs lost on Friday to the hometown Phillies, they triumphed on Sunday's contest. I went with Sarah, Will, Michelle, and Krista both times, and Friday's group added Erik plus a few additional friends from Jefferson. Part of me feels a little excessive going to two major league baseball games in the same weekend, but another part of me says, "hey! You had the time, and the Cubs were in town! Go for it!" I'm very glad we went to both of them; all the people who went together had a good time. Baseball games are great social events! As Sarah said, they're great for relaxed conversation--always something to talk about going on in the background, but plenty of opportunity to explore another topic in depth.This is Erik (who I had mentioned in my previous posting) and I at Friday's game. Our seats were pretty high, but we had an incredible view!

Saturday was a beautifully relaxing day. A friend from Liberti had a birthday party in a local park, and we played ultimate frisbee! I thought that my running would pay off, but I need to start conditioning for short sprints. Still, it was great to play that game again; I look forward to many more this summer.

Ever wonder about that famous 5-second rule about dropping food? It's true! Well, mostly.

No comments: