Thursday, April 19

A day full of grace

I've felt blessed today. There has been a number of things happening to me that I have not earned, but were given to me at no cost. Here's a list of freebies I have received just today:

-pair of new Puma running shoes for being a coach in Students Run Philly Style
-beautiful blue and green sweat-wicking running shirt for Students Run
-bright green Students Run t-shirt
-falafel lunch with Stephanie (I beat her in a NCAA March Madness bracket challenge)
-Michigan Chemistry t-shirt
-Michigan "bad call brick" made of foam to chuck at the TV when upset at the refs (kudos to Chris Avery for the previous two birthday gifts)
-SEPTA Day Pass from Sarah (all the public transportation free for the day)
-Blue Man Group ticket from Seth (he got them for doing a photo shoot a few weeks ago)

Continuing the freebies spirit, Sarah and I snagged some free Ben and Jerrys ice cream on Tuesday. We had to wait in line about a half hour as it snaked down the block, but it was certainly worth it after an afternoon run with my students.

No comments: