Sunday, April 8

Easter sunrise service on the ocean

Happy Easter everyone!!!

This morning was a special Easter morning. Grandpa, Grandma, Alice, and I woke up early and went down the beach to attend a sunrise service. It was my first sunrise service, and it was wonderful! There was a small gathering of believers on the shore as the sun began rising. We joined hands, prayed, read from Matthew 3, then the paster waded into the water and began baptizing five people. For Florida, it was a chilly 56-degree morning, and the ocean wasn't very forgiving. It made their desire for baptism even more impressive. Here's a picture:


I felt like I was part of the song's lyrics, "I went down to the river to pray..."

Here's a short video I took from this morning, too:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great video Eric. Way to go!!