Saturday, April 21

The second race in my life

What a beautiful day in Philadelphia! Sarah and I ran with my students on our first race: the Clean Air 5K. It was the perfect day to race. The kids were awesome...about a third of the team wasn't able to race (mostly due to missing multiple deadlines for their forms), but they cheered each other on. When you don't hear much encouragement AT ALL for so long, then to see them yelling from the sidelines at the team going by, it means that much more. I had to fight back an urge to go as fast as I could. Instead, Sarah and I ran with LaShante and Sharonne. (LaShante ran the WHOLE way, which was a big accomplishment for her) Running in a road race is so much fun! We have a 10 mile race on May 5...but we'll tackle that monster later. For now, it's cool to celebrate.

This was my second race of my life. The first was on New Year's Day in Holland, Michigan. Brian Mulder, Scott Parrott, and I ran it on the spur of the moment. It felt really good to have trained and be prepared for a race. Unfortunately, the next one won't be quite as easy...

Our whole team.

Bunch of our team (can you find me?).

A cute girl I found at the race.
All the free stuff we got at the race. =)

No comments: