Tuesday, April 17

Walter and Lydia's big day

It was an honor and a privilege to be part of the bridal party for Walter Nelson and Lydia Riddell's wedding this past weekend. The two of them are beautiful together, and they truly are better together than apart. Sarah and I have shared many memories with them on double dates, relationship conversations, long distance empathy, and our fond times together in Holland, Michigan. The wedding itself was beautiful; fortunately I was able to hold off on my tears until after my reading was over. Lydia sang along with "Lord, you have my heart", as she walked down the aisle. It was clear they wanted their wedding to be a worship service, and I certainly felt grateful to God for how He worked in their relationship! I'm excited for where He's going to take them in the future, too.


Although I didn't know any of the other groomsmen well before the wedding, we had a grand time with each other this past weekend. Rich, Jeff, Prabu, and I were an ecletic blend of guys, but we blended well. At breakfast the day of the wedding, Walter pointed out that of the 8 guys eating breakfast together, each one was from a different state! (Michigan, Maryland, Ohio, New York, Utah, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia, in case you were wondering). That fact epitomizes to me how diverse the friends of Walter and Lydia are.




Another highlight from the wedding for me was sharing the experience with my beautiful girlfriend, Sarah. Since we were both in the wedding party, we got to be involved in everything together. It was great to share the joy and discuss it all with each other. Life is just more fun with her!



Our weekend in Holland was pretty busy, but not busy enough for us to miss a delicious flank steak birthday dinner for me on our deck! Spring is on the way!!!

No comments: