Monday, April 2

Opening day

Go Cubs! Today was the opening day for Major League Baseball teams across the country. There's nothing like it! Unfortunately, the Cubs lost to the Reds 5-1. Good thing there are 161 games left in the year!

Other news for the Cubs today included the sale of the team to a Chicago billionaire named Zell. He purchased the Tribune Corporation, who owns the Cubs. Zell said that he would sell the team next year, which analysts say should sell for over $600 million. Not bad considering the Tribune Co. bought the Cubs for $20 million in 1981...

I wore my jersey to school and after school (it hung on the back of my chair during classes). I'm making spaghetti and meatballs tonight for Scott, a friend from homegroup. We're going to catch the NCAA championship game tonight--a rematch of the college football final between Florida and Ohio State. My money (and bracket) is picking Florida to win; I might be biased since I'm leaving for Florida in less than 24 hours, too.

No comments: